The Carfulan Group has announced the opening of applications for an Apprentice Accounts Assistant to join its expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in finance and accounting, with the chance to earn an AAT Level 3 qualification and gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
As a leading provider of multi-sensor metrology, tool presetting, 3D printing and turned part measureming solutions, the Carfulan Group is a renowned name in the engineering industry, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals in the field.
- Possible start date: 01 May 2023
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Annual wage: £12,000
- Working hours: 37.5 hours
- Training provider: Babington Business College
- Essential Requirements: GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English or equivalent (Grade 4/C/Pass)
- Desirable candidate: Attention to detail, financial and commercial awareness, ability to multitask, keen to learn, positive attitude, good written and verbal communication, initiative.
- Closing date: 4th April 2023. Discover more on Gov website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000143884
- Purchase ledger tasks and duties- checking and inputting invoices to Xero.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Posting inward and outward transactions.
- Sales ledger maintenance and credit control
- Ensuring that queries or information requests are resolved.
- Assisting in the preparation of draft management accounts, including month end journals.
- Processing of expenses and business mileage logs.
- Working alongside the purchasing department and understanding process to be able to provide cover when needed.
Training and qualifications
- Level 3 AAT qualification delivered via virtual learning platform.
- Online workshop classroom session via MS teams
- 121 skills coach support
- Hard copies of AAT textbooks for further study
- AAT exams arranged on your behalf and included
- Permanent position. Opportunity to complete further qualifications should the candidate express a desire to further develop their skills to a Level 4 AAT.
Why choose Carfulan?
The Carfulan Group specialises in providing the most advanced manufacturing technology solutions on the market allowing manufacturers to design more freely, manufacturer more efficiently and measure more accurately.
Across four divisions – OGP UK, SYS Systems, ZOLLER UK and VICIVISION UK – its work covers supplying and servicing multi-sensor measuring equipment, 3D printing, tool presetting and inspection, as well as turned part measurement solutions.
Based in Foston near Derby, the Carfulan Group’s most important asset is its people with 80 per cent of the loyal and skilled workforce hailing from the Derbyshire area, offering unrivalled engineering expertise to help businesses improve production performance.
- Fast-growing business
- Over 50 employees
- At the heart of some of the UK’s most innovative industries including aerospace, automotive and medical
- Cutting-edge technologies